Excelsior Sports Performance
Excelsior Orthopaedics is well known in Western New York for providing the highest-level orthopaedic care for patients, but did you know we have an entire service line dedicated to enhancing the performance of athletes? Our sports performance team has been helping athletes achieve new levels of success since 2005, and we are excited to open our newest location, a dedicated sports performance center located at the Flash Fields in Elma, NY.
Our team consists of physical therapists, athletic trainers, and certified strength and conditioning specialists working together to help our athletes realize their peak in performance and health. Below is an explanation of the services our team will be offering.
(We do offer our Bridge Program, Fit4Life Program, and individual appointments at our Sheridan Drive, Amherst location)
- The BRIDGE PROGRAM is a strength and conditioning program for all patients who need a higher-level training with attention to prior injury history. Our highly skilled team of Certified Athletic Trainers and Strength and Conditioning Specialists develop programming specific to the needs of each person to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Fit2Play is our group athletic performance class designed for athletes ages 10-20 years old.
- For younger or inexperienced athletes, the NOVICE program is designed to introduce and emphasize physical literacy. We create confident athletes who move well, perform at a high level, and have a reduced risk for injury.
- For athletes with pervious experience, the INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED program is designed to continually reinforce proper biomechanics and increase strength, power, speed, agility, mobility, and flexibility.
- Sports don’t just happen in one plane of motion, which is why it is so critical to train the body to be ready for anything! Our team believes that functional training and developing movement skills in three dimensions is critical to injury risk reduction and enhancing performance outcomes.
- Fit4Life is our adult fitness class, and it’s designed for adult athletes and active individuals who seek to enhance their current levels of fitness. Like Fit2Play, the foundation for Fit4Life is based upon functional training and three-dimensional movements which will not only enhance athletic performance, but the quality of day-to-day life as well!
- For individuals who haven't worked out in a while, need a kick start, or want a less intense workout, the NOVICE program is designed to re-establish your fitness, and give you the confidence to take on any challenge that comes your way.
- For indivudlas with pervious experience, seeking a more challenging workout, the INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED program is for you!
- Fit4Life is open to all adults 18 years and older.
- Athletic Profile
- The Athletic Profile assessment provides comprehensive information about the athlete’s physical state and provides a point of reference from which training will start. The assessment is administered at the start and end of each training block to ensure the training goals are being met.
- The Athletic Profile is comprised of three parts: musculoskeletal screening, functional movement assessment, and performance testing. These three tiers of information identify areas of strength as well as identifying potential deficiencies and asymmetries in the body.
- One-On-One Training
- For athletes who seek the guidance of a sports performance expert in an individual setting, we offer both 30- and 60-minute appointments to address your specific requests. You will meet with a member of our team to discuss your goals, current training schedule, timelines, and other factors that help us develop a program that is just right for you.
We offer multiple camps throughout the year, covering mutliple topics of interest for athletes including but not limited to:
- Injury Risk Reduction Camp
- Agility Camp
- Speed Camp
- Winter Tune-Up Camp
- Mid-Winter Fundamentals Camp
- Spring Break Camp
- F.A.S.T. Summer Camp
Packages and Passes
We offer multiple options for athletes to choose from!
- Platinum Performance Package
- This package includes an athletic profile at the start and transition of each training block. Athletes will also receive four (4) one-on-one and eight (8) Fit2Play/Fit4Life group classes each month.
- Gold Performance Package
- This package includes an athletic profile at the start and transition of each training block. Athletes will receive twelve (12) Fit2Play/Fit4Life sessions each month.
- Silver Performance Pass
- This pass allows access to eight (8) Fit2Play/Fit4Life sessions each month.
- Bronze Performance Pass
- This pass allows access to four (4) Fit2Play/Fit4Life sessions each month.
- Bridge Program Pass
- We offer both 4 and 8 session passes for the Bridge Program. Sessions must be used within the month.
Appointments and Classes can also be purchased a la carte.
For more information and to view current pricing, schedules, and booking options, search the app store for Excelsior Orthopaedics and download the app.