*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 08/14/2020
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately.
Camp Turner is a summer resident camp operated by the Catholic Diocese of Buffalo within 65,000 acre Allegany State Park about 85 miles south of Buffalo, NY. The camp serves guys and girls ages 7 - 16. All campers are welcome regardless of religious affiliation.
Activities include horseback riding, horse care, archery, hiking, orienteering, basketball, soccer, lacrosse, court hockey, nature study, low-ropes, arts and crafts, campfires, creek-walking, Gaga Ball, 9-Square-in-the-Air, dodgeball, ping-pong, darts, disc golf, human foosball, beach trips, dances and much more. Other special activities offered most sessions fishing, drama, Zumba, table games, and digital photography.
Special programs for older campers include a High Ropes experience, backpacking, trips, and special leadership training workshops.
Why choose Camp Turner?
It is our goal to ensure the safety and health of all participants by providing:
- A safe site
- Caring, well trained, professional, staff
- Nutritious, kid friendly food
- Registered nurse (NP, PA, or MD) always on site
- 100% adult supervision
- Opportunity for structured physical activity, mental and social activity.
- Quality educational and recreational programming.
- We strive to foster a friendly, emotionally safe culture in which campers feels welcomed and accepted.
- We provide opportunities for campers to experience success and we encourage everyone to try new things.
- Horseback Riding is included in price (no extra fee)
- Financial assistance is available for those with demonstrated financial need. Visit: FriendsOfCampTurner.org
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.