Ages6-8 years 9-12 years Teenagers
Does your child...
- Have difficulty paying attention and listening?
- Have difficulty asking for help, repetition, or expressing when he/she does not understand something?
- Have difficulty following directions or remembering information?
- Have difficulty staying organized? Is his/her desk messy? Does he/she forget homework assignments and books? Does his/her homework get done, but not make it to the teacher?
- Have difficulty understanding syllables and sounds in words and understanding what letters correspond to each sound?
- Have a poor vocabulary or difficulty remembering the meaning of new words?
- Have difficulty understanding what he/she has read, and/or spelling?
Buffalo Hearing & Speech Center's Literacy Programs may be able to help.
These programs are available to students 6 - 18 years of age who have reading/literacy deficits. We believe that the following skills are critical to successful reading and success in and outside of the classroom:
- Auditory Processing - what you do with what you hear
- Phonological Awareness and Phonics -hearing, identifying, manipulating and spelling the sounds of spoken language
- Receptive and Expressive Language -understanding and using vocabulary, grammar and concepts.
2 Options for Summer 2018:
Language to Literacy Program (speech and language therapy program). Offered at Downtown Buffalo office only. We ps.articipate with most major health insurances. Program is billable to your health insurance as speech-language therapy and may help to offset the out of pocket cost of the program. $200 book and supply fee due at enrollment to secure space in class.
Learning and Literacy Program (supplemental education program). Offered at Williamsville office only. Program is private pay only and cannot be billed through insurance, as this is an educational program and not a therapy program. Cost of program is $650. 50% of tuition ($325) is due at enrollment. The remainder of tuition is due 1 week before the start of class.