Fun Cinco de Mayo recipes to make with your kids
Cinco de Mayo is a fun holiday to celebrate with your whole family, because it's chock-full not only of history, but also of fabulous food! Here are some recipes you can make with your kids that are a fun change from the everyday stuff you usually make at home. (Unless you're lucky enough to have some great Mexican chefs in your family background!)
Mango Chicken Quesadillas
- brown mustard 3 tablespoons
- honey 2 tablespoons
- Tabasco or hot sauce 3 teaspoons
- salt 1 teaspoon
- Whole rotisserie chicken 1
- mozzarella 1 cup
- small red onion 1
- bunch cilantro 2.1
- ripened mango 1
- 8-10 inch flour tortillas
- non-stick spray
- sour cream, optional
- Combine first four ingredients in a small bowl and mix with shredded chicken.
- Heat a large IMUSA cast aluminum Comal on medium heat and spray lightly with some non-stick spray.
- Add flour tortilla and spray top side with more non-stick spray.
- After a minute, flip the tortilla and evenly spread ½ cup of cheese.
- Then spread on half of the tortilla some chicken mixture, onions, cilantro, and mango.
- Fold over tortilla, like a book, and allow cheese to melt completely. Cut into 4 wedges and serve with sour cream, if desired.
Mango Guacamole Recipe
- 3 ripened avocados 3
- 1 ripened mango
- ¼ cup lime juice ¼ cup
- ½ cup cilantro ½ cup
- ½ cup white onion ½ cup
- 3 teaspoons salt
- In your IMUSA Molcajete, add half of the diced mangos and mash with the pestle into a pulp.
- Then add one avocado and mash into a pulp with the mango.
- In a separate bowl mix remaining ingredients, including mango, and add more lime juice if needed.
- Fold mixture with pulp inside Molcajete and serve with tortilla chips.
White Wine / White Grape Juice Sangria
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (about 4 oranges)
- 1 bottle white wine, like Pinot Grigio -- or for kids, use white grape juice
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 red apple, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- ½ cup seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Club soda
- Use your IMUSA Citrus Juicer to extract the juice of 4 oranges, to yield 1 cup of juice. In a large pitcher, combine the orange juice, white wine, agave nectar, apple, pineapple, grapes and lime. Stir until well combined. Reserve in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Add 2 ice cubes to each glass, then pour the sangria until the glass is ¾ full. Use a long spoon to scoop some fruit into the glass. Top off with club soda. Cheers!