Python Coding Camp
Need something to do over Spring break? Why not spend it with us and learn computer science while having fun. Are you over block coding? Trying to make your block code program do something it won’t let you do? Perhaps it’s time to move on to bigger and better things. Join us as we peel back the blocks to reveal the code behind the curtain. We will complete a project in Python.
If you are wondering why you should learn coding at a young age, here are a few reasons:
- Computer programming promotes logical thinking by teaching how to solve complex problems by breaking them down.
- It fosters students’ creativity by actually letting them create something.
- Coding helps students develop persistence by teaching them to continue on until they find a solution to the problem.
- It also helps develop resilience because sometimes the solution they chose doesn't work out and they need to keep trying until they find the right one.
- Improve a child’s communication skills because coding is just learning a new language and any time you do that, you increase your ability to communicate.
- They improve their structural thinking by building something large from a lot of smaller parts.
- It teaches problem solving, because face it, computer programming can be challenging and requires a lot of problem solving. Practice makes perfect.
Computer literacy is quickly becoming as important as all other core learning subjects for children. But WNY has been slow to catch-on to the rest of the country.
That is why CodeAbility WNY was developed.
We allow you to help foster your child’s interest in computer programming by offering stimulating and targeted, project-based learning.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.