Join us and help celebrate Computer Science Education Week. “The 'Hour of Code™' is a nationwide initiative by Computer Science Education Week and Code.org to introduce millions of students to one hour of computer science and computer programming.”
Why should your child bother to learn coding? So glad you asked...
1. Computers rule our world. They are a part of everything we say (Hey Alexa) and do (are you reading this on your phone right now?). Computers are quickly becoming as important as other basic core learning skills such as ELA and math. The schools are just a little behind the curve, but they are starting to catch on.
2. Math! You learn math in a fun and engaging way. Boolean Baby!
3. Learning computer programming is like learning a new language. The younger you start the easier it is.
4. It's super lucrative. Not everyone understand computer programming. But everyone uses computers. These people need people who understand the language to make the computers do what they want. Someone has to translate.
6. And yes, you can learn problem solving skills through coding through processes like debugging!