KeyBank Chalk (Your!) Walk Competition
*The event has already taken place on this date: Mon, 07/20/2020
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately.
Instructions to enter:
• Create a chalk drawing at home or in your neighborhood. Be sure to follow all safety guidelines from the CDC.
- Family friendly art only. The Art Council reserves the right to reject a mural it deems objectionable or inappropriate. If you are reproducing an image or photo originally created by another artist, it is important to credit the original artist with name and title. Remember that originality will be one of the criteria for judging Best of Show. No logos, product, or business advertising is allowed. Make sure you are not using any copyrighted images. (i.e. Disney or other licensed characters)
• Submit the photo of finished artwork along with a one paragraph artist statement about why it inspired you. Make sure to capture your entire image in one photo.
• We will post all entries in a Chalk Walk album on LCA’s Facebook page on July 27.
- A panel of judges will select the Best of Show image, based on originality, creativity and visual impact.
- The public will have an opportunity to “like” their favorite image from July 27-August 3 on our Facebook page (Lewiston Arts Council). The photo with the most “likes” by midnight on August 3 will be the People’s Choice winner.
• Winners will be announced on Saturday, August 8th.
Deadline for entries: Photo, artist’s name and address and artist statement must be emailed to Kathryn@artcouncil.org by midnight on July 20.
Two prizes will be awarded! $500 for Best of Show & $250 for People’s Choice
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.