Grab-Bag Coding Camp
*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 02/21/2020
Need something to do over February break? Why not spend it with us and learn computer science while having fun. Make games, code robots, code a drone, use the force (like in Star Wars), make a story, code art. The sky is the limit. Students can use whatever platform they like!
If you are wondering why you should learn coding at a young age, here are a few reasons:
- Computer programming promotes logical thinking by teaching how to solve complex problems by breaking them down.
- It fosters students’ creativity by actually letting them create something.
- Coding helps students develop persistence by teaching them to continue on until they find a solution to the problem.
- It also helps develop resilience because sometimes the solution they chose doesn't work out and they need to keep trying until they find the right one.
- Improve a child’s communication skills because coding is just learning a new language and any time you do that, you increase your ability to communicate.
- They improve their structural thinking by building something large from a lot of smaller parts.
- It teaches problem solving, because face it, computer programming can be challenging and requires a lot of problem solving. Practice makes perfect.
Computer literacy is quickly becoming as important as all other core learning subjects for children. But WNY has been slow to catch-on to the rest of the country.
That is why CodeAbility WNY was developed.
We allow you to help foster your child’s interest in computer programming by offering stimulating and targeted, project-based learning.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.